Saturday, May 13, 2006

Clean Up Your Plate

5-13-06 Or Bust


Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a little kid any more---not often, but every once in a while. O-----for a lot of reasons. One of them being I hated the idea of cleaning up my plate & being told about five times a day that the little boys & girls in China would just love to have that abundance of food I was letting sit for the dog on my royal plate. Well, can't anybody see the reason I was not eating that crap is because I despised it? Fat for one thing----I never ate fat as a kid. Hated the stuff. It choked me. That ugly fat did. It got lodged in my throat and wouldn't go down the hatch. So I usually dumped it on the floor under the table close to one of my brothers' places when nobody was looking. Beef fat was ugly stuff. I fled it like the black plague. Chicken fat the same. Pork fat-----No thank you. The little boys & girls in China are welcome to every morsel from my plate circa 1942-1955. I will wrap it in tin foil & mail it Special Delivery. By the time it gets there it may be fit to eat. I don't know what other rare culinary effects I let sitting there. I think fat was the only real sore spot with me. Although as a kid I also hated onions and refused to eat them & was no fan of carrots either. I am surprised now all these years later I could never sit and reason with my parents on this delicate subject. But obviously I was not equipped with the necessary information at the time. What does a kid know about anything? Well, of course that was pre-computer child.

These days, according to a book I read on the new Millennials, little kids are already online as early as age three! And they have fully formed opinions on the burning questions of life by age 7. Good for the kids. I'm on their side. I was just thinking the other day there are the married people and then there is Everybody Else. The Unmarried. Which includes kids and all bachelors and divorcees & actually even quite a few married people who want to Get Out as fast as possible but can't find the EXIT. This is a constant state of war. The married people have declared themselves owners of this plot of ground called EARTH. And we the Underlings have declared war on The Owners. So how are we ever going to come to a working relationship I wonder since this whole operation is being waged underground. Nobody even admits it exists. Until this moment I introduce The Great Silent Subject. Whenever I have brought up the topic of The Conspiracy I get the same old shit from the comfortably employed home owners with kids. Conspiracy?-----You sound paranoid, Jack. Get a wife and kids and we'll talk over the back fence some day. You'll be singing a different tune. Hmm-Hmm. Heard that before some place. I think it was at a swap meet.

In the meantime though it's tough sledding. Hard to get a grip. Don't know who's Really Married as opposed to Wanna Get Otta Here married. And then all those millions of ladies with boy friends who look like they exist in a state of incarceration. Well, yes, it could be an interesting ball game if the women ever left the house the same time I do. But I guess most women prefer prison to the natural spontaneous Romantic Situation. However, it has recently begun to dawn on me that this IS the New Romanticism. The Free Market. Marriage and Family and lots of money & cars & houses & games & stuff for the kids to get the Best Education Money Can Buy and a free ticket to The Lottery of Life. And: Don't confuse me with new facts. And please don't drag politics or ethics into this---I've got enough trouble raising my kids. It just started striking me this morning----I am The New Realist. THEY are the Romantic Idealists. Realists tell The Truth no matter how it falls. Romantics are forever bending the facts to make misery look like sweet apple pie and smile smile smile just like Tony Bennett sings in that stupid song about: "smile when your heart is breaking" to prove how tough you are. NO! When your heart is breaking let the world SEE that----not your phony macho bought in honky-tonk smile.

It's exactly like Thoreau said it was in his book WALDEN. He wrote, "the mass of men (and I add women) live lives of quiet desperation" throwing away their lives on futile labor 6 days a week in order to pay off the mortgage while their minds go to rot so when it comes time to die they have "never truly LIVED---LIVING IS SO DEAR" (capitals mine)! Too dear to be squandered on mere possessions considered valuable by The Market and its adoring citizens. And I include here as UNNECESSARY debris (We can live better Without It!)at least 90 percent of the books that clog Borders & the major book stores. Walk through some day. Examine the whole bloody lot. THIS IS AMERICA. Like the sidewalks full of empy coke cans & cigarette butts & candy wrappers & soiled napkins & other refuse that somehow escaped the trash bin. Or just examine the local rest room you use in any cafe or restaurant. Note the floor strewn with debris as Starbucks is every morning or afternoon or evening I enter one. Every time I leave the floor has been rescued from the litterers & spoilers. But I note the next day the same old crap prevails.

These are American premises habituated by the great American Average Citizen we hear so much praise concerning. Shall we talk about the anal retentives that presently rule the roost and who have murdered as many as 1,000,000 Iraquis (and probably closer to 2 mill.) in the last 15 years of this Apocalypse---with American bombs & U.S. sanctions. SANCTIONS, they called their MURDEROUS acts that slaughtered the children of Baghdad & devastated their schools & hospitals & infrasructure. Almost all the weapons around the world originate in the USA. Go then, Brothers & Sisters, fill your houses and arms with The Loot invented & manufactured in America for your seduction and your degradation & your & my eternal distraction. Get Knowledge said some old geezer & in all thy getting get UNDERSTANDING! Throw away the garbage surrounding you, says mighty irresistible Feng Shui. Dump Wall Street for a more reliable religion. One that loves Peace come hell or high water& values True Knowledge.


RLG Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home