Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Love, Sex, & The Blessed Virgin

4-11-06 Straight From The Horse's Mouth


I love The Catholic Church. I don't mean Papal policies or Church Law. I mean the sacred symbols, & the sexiness, the holy sexiness of The Virgin Mary. But I also mean all those things my ultra right wing Protestant family taught me to hate about Catholics that made them "Unbelievers." They worship idols, count beads, pray to The Virgin, wear lovely esthetically pleasing crosses around their necks. O yes, those sexy Catholic symbols. Plus this: Mary, a Catholic beauty in my high school & about 3 inches taller than me asked me to my first Sadie Hawkins Dance in high school. Can this be Evil? My parents & their church told me it was a Sin to go to dances. Too bad for them. I snuck away to that dance & loved every minute of it. Do you know what? I still love it now telling it to you. It's sexy even now as my Memory warms it up in the good old Greenfield Cooker. Sin Twice so that Grace may abound! What made those Catholic girls & later women so sexy to me is their secret religion. Going to The Confessional is a clandestine act! All those brooding female secrets heard only by the sacred ears of the holy father. I love the NAMES of Catholic churches. They are so Romantic. So Renaissance cool.
Cunnilingus is Catholic. I'm sure of it. It has that poetic classical concealed-meaning sound & flavor. The priests & the Confessional made it Necessary to enhance the erotic experience in the sacred bond of Marriage. It's so Irish Catholic. It's so Roman Catholic. It's so English Catholic. It's so Holy Roman Empire Greek Classical Catholic. So Yes, Catholic!

I consider nothing sexier and more erotic than the movies. The movies to me are The Ultimate Love Parlors. The delicious dark room where young men & women meet & mingle. Well, actually they usually meet first & then Go to the movies and mingle there in that lovely darkness which to me always signals The Erogenous Zone. I think sexy thoughts in the cinema house. Almost as sexy as the thoughts one gets in church in The House Of The Goddess. That's it. The Catholic Church had the guts to tell the truth about women. They put The Virgin Mary into the order of Worship. Who made Mary pregnant with Jesus? Well, of course, rumor has it the Holy Ghost knocked up Mary while she was sleeping. But good Catholics are no fools. I have never ever met a Catholic who wanted to convert me. Have you? They are much too worldly & knowledgable to mess around with such fool's errands like suggesting to other people what to believe. I still wonder about how it is with Catholic women. I mean this & that particular female. They contain Mysteries that were never part of my bald & Bible-pounding Dutch Calvinist tedium. We didn't have any incense. No candles. No beautiful statues of Mary The Mother of Jesus. No Hail Mary's. No perfectly symmetrical crosses. Goddammit, we were robbed of the whole kit & caboodle of The Roman Catholic Ceremony! Yes, CEREMONY! Catholics got to memorize some good lines. They had a direct way to pay for their sins Now! No messing around with some future forgiveness after you're dead & buried. But these people believe in results. And their sexual intercourse thus lasts longer. So I am given to believe. They have mantras to chant to eachother between the sheets. Beads, crosses, emblems, images, textures, aromas. O yes, what is sexual intercourse without the whiff of a few burning candles dripping & hissing & shedding perfume in the background? Might as well go to a brothel as commit Protestant sex. It's all straight Gideon's Bible sex. Without supersensory interpretations.

But how did we ever get off the subject of movies! Well, of course The Virgin Mary distracted me & took me our of my rhythm into her beloved arms. It's not the first time. Movies I said are the great House Of Love for me. How is that? Well, again, my family banned movies from my life. They were considered SIN by The Christian Reformed Church that owned my parents & their entire social lives. But luckily for me we didn't have a Calvinist high school in my home town so I got introduced to movies in the public high school which was like my first visit to Paradise. And I was hooked on Hollywood from that moment on. The interior of the cinema house even today contains something magic---a texture as it were. Something about the ceiling & the indirect lighting. The fall of the images down upon the face from The Magic Screen. The only other prerequisite is one lovely woman to be sitting next to me. This is IT. The Ultimate Occasion for Cupid to haul out His quiver & His arrows. This is the place to do some real Erotic damage. I mean to come to serious purpose with the lips & eyes of love. The hands and ears of love. The legs & mouth of love. In the beautiful large expanding cinema house itself with the magic celluloid all aflow with sensuous images. Help yourself to a dish of True Love. Don't go to the movies unless you bring with you at least the possibility of True Love. Everything else is for Unbelievers. This is for true Catholics. Catholic in the sense of UNIVERSAL!
RLG Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home