Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Letter To Wendy Of Nashville, Tennessee

4-12-06

Dear Wendy,

What a miracle to receive your email regarding my blog yesterday concerning Eros & The Catholic Church & my intimate relations with movie theaters. Everything you write is accurate. Your sense of wit & the comic is so rare & so totally free of cant it stuns me. No, I have never visited Nashville. I'm an Angeleno. Though I started out in the middle of the country. Glad to get out of The Winter Zone. Like you I also admire the myth & legend of Abraham Lincoln-----notably, his 360-degree Man-For-All-Seasons wit. It was so quiet & dry it snuck up on you as your beautiful letter snuck up on me this morning. Your kindness is large. And you are correct to fill in the open spaces of my Catholic education lacking in so many respects. But how unerring of you to remember the humor necessary for any true appreciation. I am keeping The Faith as you requested by not quoting you at length. And the only reason I'm posting my banal response here is to let readers know it's ok to respond as you did. Thanks for staying up all night to make your reply. I'm glad it was so electrical an experience. Your devouring a breakfast of waffles & ham by candle---sweet-smelling candles!---that is Extraordinary & goes well with my blog piece. And, YES, I anticipate receiving the rest of your totally original response when you finish your novel. That tells me Everything. I look forward most excitedly to receiving a copy of the novel in my mail----I certainly do. And what an absolute surprise to know The Subject of your novel which I shall not at this time disclose to my readers here. My God, I LOVE the photograph of yourself you mailed, Wendy. You don't look a day over 21. Thanks for reading not only but Understanding the Sensibility underlying the whole piece. Biography is Destiny, that's for sure.

LOVE

RLG Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home