Monday, September 11, 2006

Writing Is The Only Destiny

9-11-06 Writing Is The Only Destiny




I know how to write. It is self-taught. Like almost everything that matters. You pick up truths here & there. You
recognize them. I suppose it's like Plato's theory of reminiscence. Knowledge is remembering that which is buried
deep inside one. Or like finding the right woman. You know it by instinct. And it certainly has nothing to do
with what your mother said. Well, I imagine you can prove me wrong. But not to my satisfaction. I don't know
how to pick up girls. Especially the ones who attract me the most. They always send me home alone from the
bus stop or the store or cafe. It turns into a long gruelling process that is 99 percent anxiety 1 percent ecstasy
and no sexual intercourse. Not even any good making out. Women are as goddamed selfish as it is possible to
be if you don't open your eyes to reality. The best way is not to take any one of them too seriously ever. That is
essential. Do not overestimate any woman. Especially her looks. After all, what does that have to do with
anything essential? If her beauty is part of a good kind character then I am in business with the real thing. But in
my life cruelty is a fact that needs to be faced. A woman is capable of destroying one's career if one gives over
his own Power without making any demands in return. There is no point in overrating any particular woman.
Flattery can only bring inflation which leads to grief. And this is a sure sign of inaccuracy. I am a writer. I know
my business. I know what stands up on the page. And I have plenty of beautiful pages of prose and of poetry
here in my house. And I mean first rate writing that demands to be seen by readers. My writing has Power. I
also know that when I get in front of that microphone I exude authority. That separates me from the rest of the
herd. And I know it does. It always has since the first time I got behind the rostrum and read my own works.
What has held my career back pure and simple is uxoriousness-----excessive fondness for women. It will kill you
to like anything too much. Because at some point you will exaggerate your fondness into adoration or worship
which almost always means loss of The Reality Principle and giving in to an hallucinatory view of your
relationship with the woman you adore. At that point you might as well be dead as spend one spare minute
fantasizing about any woman who is not giving you equal time and equal feeling-----genuine emotion for genuine
emotion. Falling in love is fine. Just don't ever give up the reality principle. Make sure you get something back
that is valuable to you. Like money. Or sex. Something solid. Not a bunch of crazy passionate in-love gazes for
instance. Never lose your sense of humor. The minute you do the game is lost. Remember these words. If thy
right eye offend thee pluck it out and cast it from thee for it is profitable that one of they members should perish
rather than thy whole body be cast into hell. Jesus was no fool. He understood the deadliness of uxoriousness.

RLG copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home