Saturday, September 30, 2006

I Didn't Want To Get Lost Except Inside

rlgreenfield1@netscape.com


9-30-06 I Didn't Want To Get Lost Except Inside



I had plenty of other second &
third-best opportunities
but they were so lame
when I saw her face I knew
I could get sweetly lost inside her
even though the store was crowded
with thinking people blabbering
as I was at that very moment
but I saw her face & clean body
through all the babble
& everybody disappeared from my
mind
except her lips & hips & eyes
it's always like that
or at least for the last 25 consecutive
years
life is always loaded with irrelevance
except for one lovely woman
& she has a boyfriend but she doesn't
she's mine
she has a husband but she does not
I own her
yet I manage to ride the bus home alone
one more time & get lost in the idiotic
blare of my television set
while I might scrutinize some book
lying on the floor waiting to be swept
back to the library
another piece of non-necessity
reminding me of the lies of book reviewers
& other people on the make for "the arts"
there is so little necessity in the human
world, almost none
where are those secret messages
of Essentiality I have heard dwell inside
the pages of a few great books-----
where are they: I never found them

RLG copyright 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this made me want to vomit

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home