Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blondes Brunettes Red Heads & Brown-Haired

7-12-06 The Ideal & The Real Woman


I go through these genetic streaks with regard to women. It always has to do with one woman. I had a genuine blonde period about 22 years ago that lasted quite a while. First Stephanie Grayson. And then long after she disappeared Paula Eisele. Two of the most beautiful blondes I have ever seen let alone talked with. But usually the women seem to have regular brown hair---a catchall term for a medium hue. Though that does not mean it is unimpressive hair. Both Wendy Reeves & Lia Roberts fall into this category. And both had (have?)amazingly beautiful hair. I must add: all 4 of these women have beautiful eyes. Beyond the cheap Hollywood version. Pure irresistible eyes. So it goes. Women have a strange way of leaving me at the cafe or bus stop when it comes time to go home. I'm talking about the beauties I find compelling. I noticed something a long time ago. Beauty means also 'moral.' I note that "ugly" women always stand for immorality & manipulation and dirty play. My mother was wrong about this. She was always preaching to me that beauty is only skin deep. ONLY? The skin reveals the soul of a woman (or a man as far as that goes). The face tells the whole inside story of the person. The eyes the lips the fall of the hair---they tell the whole tale. Now what you call beauty of course I may see as ugliness. That is a different thing. I'm not saying glamor is beauty. Far from it. I'm talking about pure irresistible beauty. It has a way of finding the morality level of Love. This is what I discovered a long time ago. Maybe around the time I became a writer. When I had to write. It was a compulsion. I didn't do it. it did me. The Muse wrote it down. I merely followed instructions. Making love & writing have everything in common. There is an element of fatality in both of them. Love and writing---neither one of them is voluntary. They come from within & announce their presence. "I" has nothing to to do with it. The body has a will of its own and it finds a certain woman irresistible. Her eyes her lips her hair her legs her walk---can't live without them. And the color of the hair makes no difference really. O yes, it no doubt will be beautiful hair, enchanting. It will arouse one's inner depths. Just the lay of that hair on that lovely head. Nothing you can do about it. You are the prisoner of love. Open your eyes and ears. Listen to all of the voices. Don't panic. Let's see where this is going to take us. Let me be clear. When I use the word beauty I mean esthetics is Everything. There is no such thing as a beautiful woman who is not also good & true. So I am not talking about what The Public calls "beauty" which usually is something wrapped in expensive gowns & smeared with lipsticks & colognes and is often ugly according to my lights. My eyes and ears & Inner Rotator Index decides who and what is beautiful. And this is infallible. I am not infallible. I often fall for a lie. But that Inner Rotator Index has already sounded the alarm in those cases when I get for a moment taken in by some phony. Gotta pay attention to that inner voice. Remember what Hemingway said about writers. The one indispensable gift for a writer he once said is to have an inbuilt shit detector. Well, that's not just true for writers. It saves lovers lots of grief also.


RLG Copyright 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home