Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Prisoner Of Love

6-27-06 Love Is The One Incomparable

I am lost. So let me be your compass. The dead define us. And as a lost man meandering in the dark you can see me though I can't see you. Those people thousands of them who were alive yesterday & early this morning are dead---some of them young too young to die. They never lived to kiss and make love & quarrel & make up & hope & despair & experience the ecstasy of great art & music & nature---and then love again, more love. True love. I'm dead too. I'm dead because my true love disappeared without telling me where she was headed. We had already been separated. All of my true loves of the last 31 years. They were never free to love me. Alive on earth and not truly Free We never kissed the kiss of love. That is death. To be in love & not to kiss the kiss of true mutual love. What else is there? O sure, there is eating and walking & talking & looking. Smelling the flowers. Listening to love songs on the radio. There is that. Looking. One might be lucky & see one beautiful woman. Then she disappears. Of course there might be sex without love. That happened a long time ago. And it was no good. It was worse than celibacy because there was no mutual admiration, no tenderness.

And time flies and nobody ever reveals anything that leads to illumination. I am lost of my dearest warmest wittiest friends. How can that be? It does not seem possible on this earth. And I have no true lovers waiting in the wings that I know about. If this isn't incarceration what is? There is the exchange of the passing glance and once in a blue moon a true gaze. That has value. So does an occasional unexpected conversation, rarely. I watch the movies every night. It is surrogate love. Surrogate passion. It is also surrogate art. Killing time by having sexual intercourse with the magic celluloid. Might find one truly beautiful woman on the screen of the television set to get lost inside of. But even this almost never happens. The movies are ruthless. Another American psycho tale. That's all they show these days in the television movie department, or, hopelessly sugared-down bourgeoise family candy which is even worse. It furthers the delusion about the decadent life of narcissistic America. I'm trying here to describe Reality. Life is miserable for 90 percent of the people on Earth. Most people are faced with violence & scarcity every day. Do I dare waste a slice of bread or a cup of water knowing that thousands of people would fight to obtain these? I do not.

Death defines us. The dying of those poor helpless children & adults in those raging war zones about the world including the ghettoes of our very own sad & irresponsible country of violence that is encouraged at all levels by Dow Jones & the leading politicians not only but also university professors who live off the fat of the earth & pontificate while driving expensive cars & spend thousands of dollars on vacations & live it up---the dying of these millions over the last few years what can it mean to us who live & luxuriate? The Yuppies & irresponsible non-tax paying pigs who took over America consider it their duty to live high off the hog to be an example to others. An example of what? A big-spending giver of stupid useless extravagant Christmas presents. And of course ignore Education. This is no time to be sitting around mourning for the oppressed in Iraq & Afghanistan & Africa they say. We are the cream of the crop. We deserve to live like kings & queens. We are The Chosen People. America has been crowned by Jesus Christ to be the land of luxury & wealth. In the last 7 years Poverty has multiplied in America. Malnutrition has increased in the richest country in human history. Why? Because all the wealth has been slanted to millionaires billionaires & weapons-makers. Munitions suppliers have become obscenely rich off the criminal Bush-created war in Iraq. And Israel Is bombing the hell out of civilians in Palestine every day. These maniacs believe they have been selected by God to destroy anybody and anything that gets in the way of their insane bombers & tanks & endless ground weapons.

Each person's death diminishes me because I am involved in humankind wrote the 17th century poet & divine John Donne. How to love one human being every morning every afternoon & every night---even if one is alone. How to accomplish that. Create love even when The Beloved has been gone so long I can no longer see her in my imagination and when I am threatened by evil thoughts from a world of maniacs that is presently attempting to justify the genocide in Iraq that began with "Sanctions" that alone murdered close to 1 million Iraqis if not more and destroyed their water & food & hospitals & public school system. We will never get the correct estimate of the damage from The New York Times Newsweek or Time Magazine. I am trying to find a way at this very moment in cyberspace to connect with true love. I'm trying to shake off this death, the death her absence has wreaked on me in me. I'm trying to wake up my heart & my sweetest memories from the grave of my mind where they are buried deep. What else is art? And I mean every art. However off-subject it may appear. It has to bring back Life. Art is Resurrection of the dead. Or don't talk to me about it. I have a long way to go. And I am stuttering here in cyberspace. Fighting my ass off for one inch of coherence out of this morass of hell. Find me, Lost Lady of Love. Discover me in cyberspace.

RLG Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home