Monday, February 20, 2006

Dollars & Cents

2-20-06 President's Day


McDonald's has screwed me out of one penny of change the last several times I've shopped there which is rare. In the morning once or twice/wk I walk over from my perch at Starbucks to buy an order of scrambled eggs extra well done & a toasted English muffin on the side. Then I put the scrambled eggs on my muffin & have a hearty protein sandwich. However, I have noted McDonald's charges me 2.24 for my order & always gives me back 2.75 instead of 2.76. This morning I called it to the checker's attention & she gave me back 3 red pennies for my previous three having-been screweds. Although it's probably more like 5 it occurs to me now. And it has also happened to me at the Mc Donald's next to my house on Fairview near Hollister. If McDonald's has this little coin return set, as they obviously do, so the customer automatically donates one penny of his change to the Corporation for every purchase---then after 1 billion customers McDonald's has turned a 10 million dollar crooked profit. Did an employee of McDonald's Corporation set that cash register return machine to turn these illegal profits to McDonald's? I always hope for a few vigilant employees. It's the little people who will set the world straight and take the business away from the Ken Lays & the Jeffrey Skillings. Millions & millions of little people. After all haven't you ever noticed----these are often also the most faithful lovers---our Romeos & Juliets.

Odd, isn't it? This is the age of crooks like Bush's former buddy Ken Lay of Enron literally bankrupting his company & pocketing a criminally lucrative salary while his customers lost their entire savings. What is going on here? GW Bush has been literally gutting the US Treasury---handing out multi billion dollar hand-outs to his rich cronies who are already superfluously & obesely rich. And there is no outrage? These contradictions rise at a steady rate. USA marches into Baghdad & begins killing people & detroying property of a country that never invaded USA or had even the vaguest intentions of doing so. Were not & are not a threat to the safety & security of USA. At least not until Bush Cheney & Rumsfeld by their cold-blooded preemptive madness pushed the Hate Button & have now aroused the legitimate rage of Arabs & Muslims (& Christians if there be any left) throughout the world. Are you awake yet? Bush & Cheney & Co. are shooting up the world red-neck Texas sheriff style. And the profits of war are going as usual to the prophets of hate & war & revenge & greed. Shoot first ask questions later: The Bush-Cheney policy in a nutshell. Just like a few days ago Cheney shot his fellow hunter in the mug. Bush-Cheney style. Shoot first, later find out what it is one was shooting at. I don't consider this Jay Leno-Jerry Seinfeld funny. Do you? Is such astounding stupidity & arrogance & knee-jerk recklessness a joke to be laughed at at the water cooler? No. It requires national attention and emergency surgery in The Operating Room at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.


RLG Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home