Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Mirada Fuerte & Feng Shui

18 Feb. 06

Sometimes I honestly believe the only thing I need to know is Feng Shui. Clean out the clutter, Greenfield, & be free! I mean it. Clean out every iota of useless matter from my life. Not just household junk. But dead ideas that hang around inside my head. What is stopping me? For one thing old girl friends from the long ago & far away. They like to hang around inside my psyche teasing me with promises of unfulfilled past love that is just waiting now to be renewed. I mean all the women who loved me as much as I did them.We have yet to get to the first kiss. How can I throw that in the waste basket? Too much promise there to delete forever.

Which reminds me of the phrase: the mirada fuerte. It means: strong gazing. And I first came across it in a biography of Picasso by John Richardson. Mr. Richardson claims the mirada fuerte was a tradition in Catalonia. It was a fundamental characteristic of falling in love. Once you have experienced it you can never be the same. I know.

P.S. I did not create these itallics on my Blog. And I can't seem to get rid of them. So don't be distracted. Back to my original premise. If I can apply feng shui diligently & consistently to my life then I am on my way to Renaissance. Feng Shui dictates: If you do not use it lose it. Clothes, books, furniture, friendships, love affairs,-----everything. Furthermore, if you do not love it do not buy it. Never buy a thing merely because it's on sale. Never buy a garment whose color or texture is a little off. Because you are then living in a world dictated by pseudo wishes & desires.

Love is weird. In Old English the word 'weird' was originally spelled Wyrd. And it signified having to do with Fate. Weird then refers to our Destiny. Love is our destiny. So we might as well love that which we truly admire & experience the total wonder of. Why do we so often settle for clothes or cars or books or movies or Christmas presents or love affairs or marriages that are not dictated by love but habit?

I want to get rid of my clutter---including my stupid habit of accommodating people out of some phoney loyalty to politeness---one of the great destructive demons of everyday reality. It has been my experience that silence is almost always preferable to mere politeness. You understand. I am not suggesting rudeness or vulgar egotism as a viable substitute for rote polite behavior. I am suggesting that we ought to be looking inward to find better ways to perfect our mediocre lives that are so loaded with second and third choices in almost everything we do.

Why did I include the mirada fuerte in this discussion? Because for me mirada fuerte encounters are pure & irresistible experiences. And they are by definition reciprocal. They last. Still, one must decide which old love affairs are worth keeping alive in the mind. And here each one of us is infallible. Surely, we need consult no shrink or hired therapist to offer us their recipes for success. Each one of us is sovereign in the realm of love. But are we efficient? Is it working? If not we need a change of life. A good place to begin is with the cleansing of the inner body with the best of all possible foods.

Before anything else: Water. Lots & lots of water all day. Raw avocadoes & tomatoes & fresh greens & vegetables & fruits. That is the direction of health.


RLG Copyright 2006


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home